Plain Writing Examples
View these before and after examples to see how the National Archives is implementing plain language.
Before | After
- ERA Training: Before | After
- NHPRC Webinars: Before | After (links to the NHPRC section)
- Online Databases: Before | After (links to the Genealogy section)
- Veteran's Letter: Before | After
- Accessibility Statement: Before | After
These new website pages apply the task-focused approach and Plain Writing guidelines to encourage skimming, scanning, and selecting.
- NARA Parking Pamphlet
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Library and Museum Excerpts
- 2013 Annual Report of the Advisory Committee on the Records of Congress
- Herbert Hoover - Iowa Heritage
- Research Our Records - Americans with Disabilities
- Portal - NARA and Declassification
Contact us if you have suggestions on ways to improve our documents or website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org