NARA Bulletin 2006-02 Attachment 1
Timeframes for implementing NARA bulletin 2006-02
December 15, 2005
(Federal agencies or NARA)
||Federal agencies are already required to:
By September 30, 2009, agencies must document that they are meeting these responsibilities through compliance with par. 5b of this bulletin.
- implement processes and procedures to manage electronic records in existing agency systems;
- identify and schedule electronic records in electronic information systems.
- transfer to NARA permanent electronic records from existing or legacy systems according to approved records schedules; and
- implement timely destruction of temporary records according to approved records schedules.
||Federal agencies must build records management capabilities into all newly developed systems that generate Federal records, specifically including functionalities to identify and transfer to NARA records of permanent or potentially permanent value. Specification for such exist in DoD 5015.2-STD as well as in functional description for records management service components.
(October 1, 2007)
- promulgate additional guidance and best practices to assist Federal agencies to identify, schedule, and transfer to NARA permanent or potentially permanent electronic records from existing or legacy systems.
(October 1, 2008)
- articulate specifications for agencies to use to ensure the solutions integrators and IT service providers sell to Federal agencies meet statutory and regulatory Federal records management requirements.
NARA Bulletin 2006-02
Top of Page
NARA Bulletin 2006-02 - Attachment 2
Return to NARA Bulletins