NARA Bulletin 2006-01
October 4, 2005
TO: Heads of Federal agencies
SUBJECT: Checklist of NARA bulletins
EXPIRATION DATE: September 30, 2006
1. What is the purpose of this bulletin? This bulletin lists National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) bulletins that are in effect.
2. What are NARA bulletins? NARA bulletins contain guidance about records and information management subjects to help you comply with laws and regulations in these areas. You can find more information about NARA's records and information management regulations in Chapter XII of Title 36
of the Code of Federal Regulations.
3. How can I get more information about NARA bulletins? For more information about specific NARA bulletins, call the Lifecycle Management Division at 301-837-3570 or send your question to RM.Communications@nara.gov.
4. How do I obtain copies of NARA bulletins?
a. Paper copies. We send paper copies of our bulletins to the heads of Federal agencies. You can obtain additional paper copies at a discount from the Government Printing Office (GPO) by submitting a requisition to the GPO at the beginning of each fiscal year.
b. Electronic copies.We send electronic copies of our bulletins to Federal agency records officers. We also post all NARA bulletins on the NARA web site at http://www.archives.gov/
5. How do I correct any mistakes in the mailing address? To correct the mailing address for the head of your Federal agency, call 301-837-1850. To correct the mailing address for the agency records officer, contact RM.Communications@nara.gov.
Archivist of the United States
NARA Bulletin 2006-01
The following NARA bulletins remain in effect:
|Bulletin Number and Title||Issued||Expires|
|95-03||Government Information Locator Service||2/16/1995||Unlimited|
|2004-02||Pre-accessioning permanent electronic records||7/12/2004||7/31/2006|
|2004-03||Recommended Practice - Obtaining internal agency assurances for proposed dispositions for temporary records that protect legal rights and assure accountability||9/23/2004||9/30/2006|
|2005-03||Protecting Federal records and other documentary materials from unauthorized removal||12/22/2004||12/31/2006|
|2005-04||Availability of electronic records management guidance for PKI digital signature authenticated and secured transaction records||3/28/2005||3/31/2007|
|2005-05||Guidance for flexible scheduling||4/20/2005||4/30/2007|
|2005-06||Additional requirement for transferring permanent records to the National Archives of the United States directly from agencies||8/22/2005||8/31/2007|
|2005-07||Records Storage Facility Standards||9/27/2005||9/30/2007|