Document Drafting Resources
These Document Drafting Resources helps writers create effective, understandable documents for publication in the Federal Register.
- Federal Register Document Drafting Handbook – This Handbook is intended to help agencies prepare documents for publication in the Federal Register.
- Withdrawing Documents
– OFR guidelines for agencies that wish to withdraw documents from the Federal Register.
- Drafting Legal Documents
provides a general style guide to clear and concise legal writing.
- Federal Register Thesaurus of Indexing Terms
use this to prepare "List of Subjects" entries when drafting documents for Federal Register publication.
- List of CFR Subjects, Arranged by Title
find out which Thesaurus terms have been assigned to a specific CFR Part.
- Laws That Affect Publication in the Federal Register
an informational guide.
- Ways to search for Federal Register regulations in Title 1 of the CFR, Chapters I and II: