National Archives at St. Louis


Most federal benefits are provided through the Department of Veterans Affairs.

There are other state, county, city, and private benefits associated with military service.  For example, special license plates may be offered to veterans/retirees.  To determine eligibility and documents needed (usually DD Form 214 or equivalent), it is suggested that you search for that agency’s web site.  For example {State Name} Department of Motor Vehicles.

Back to NPRC Veterans Service Officer (VSO) Information Page

National Archives at St. Louis >

The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
1-86-NARA-NARA or 1-866-272-6272