Works Progress Administration (WPA), Personnel Records
- NA Form 14137, Request for WPA Personnel Records
- Copy Fees
- Additional WPA Holdings and Resources
- Sample WPA Documents
Individuals may access these records by either submitting a written request or submitting a NA Form 14137, Request Pertaining to Works Progress Administration (WPA) Personnel Records, for copies of the records (for a COPY FEE) via postal mail.
Requests for Works Progress Administration records should include:
- Full name used at the time of service (provide exact spelling and include the middle name if known); nicknames (if known)
- Social Security Number (if known)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Hometown (city and state) at time of WPA employment
- Parents' name
- Spouse's name
- Dates of service (day, month and year)
- Location of employing office (city, county and state)
Lack of the preceding information may result in our inability to identify a record.
Written requests may be mailed:
National Archives & Records Administration
ATTN: Archival Programs
P.O. Box 38757
St. Louis, MO 63138
The NARA fee schedule authorizes the Agency to collect fees from the public for copies of archival records (44 USC 2116c and 44 USC 2307).
A mailed request requires the purchase of the COMPLETE photocopy of the record:
- 5 pages or less: $25 flat fee
- 6 pages or more: $70 flat fee
Please do not send payment with your request. An invoice will be sent to you if the requested record is located.
Additional Works Progress Administration records are available at other National Archives and Records Administration facilities. Holdings include records relating to the organization and operations of the WPA. For additional details, please visit Online Public Access (OPA). Contact information for the appropriate NARA facility is available by clicking the hyperlink below each entry found within the section of OPA referenced above.