Wiki Comment and Posting Policy
You are encouraged to share your comments, ideas, and concerns on the Our Archives wiki. By using the Our Archives wiki, you agree to abide by the comment and posting policy. Please be aware of the following policies for this wiki:
- Any person with a user account can post content and participate in the discussions.
- NARA will remove content or comments that violate the comment and posting policy or the privacy notice; and/or contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language; personal attacks of any kind; or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- NARA will remove content or comments that are clearly off-topic, that promote services or products, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
- Your comments are welcome at any time. We will moderate comments between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. We intend to moderate comments submitted at other times as soon as possible on the next business day.
- NARA does not endorse the contents of web sites hyperlinked to from the Our Archives wiki.
- Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in the content or comment being removed.
- Communications made through the wiki's email and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice to NARA or any official or employee of NARA for any purpose.
- Comments or contributions on the wiki may be treated as a federal record.
- The content of all comments and pages are visible to the public, thus submissions should not contain anything you do not wish to broadcast to the general public.
- Do not post any text, images, or other content that violates copyright restrictions. If there is evidence that copyright-protected content has been posted inappropriately, it will be removed.
- Personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses, and telephone numbers will be removed from the content and comments by the moderator.
- NARA does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right not to post content or comments that do not adhere to these standards.
- By contributing to the Our Archives wiki you accept that other users may edit, alter, or remove your contribution. If you do not want your contribution to be used in this way, please do not submit it to Our Archives. You may want to keep a personal copy of your own contributions.
Any person may report content that violates the comment and posting policy to the wiki organizers at OurArchiveswiki@nara.gov. We appreciate the participation of the community in making this wiki a welcoming and productive space. Please include a hyperlink to each page of concern as a reference.
Members of the media are asked to pose your questions to the NARA Public Affairs Office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Media questions or comments will not be posted. NARA Public Affairs can be reached at 202-357-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Policy and Planning Staff manages this planning wiki as a portal for information from the U.S. National Archives and Record Administration. However, information posted on this wiki is not official policy of NARA and will in no way grant anyone any rights, privileges, or standing on any matter. All information should be verified through official channels at NARA. For contact information at NARA please check http://www.archives.gov.