Comment and Posting Policy
We welcome your comments on our photographs. Here is some information you should know in advance.
- Our Flickr photostream is moderated and we will only post comments from commenters over 13 years of age.
- We will remove comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- We will remove comments that contain personal information (whether your own or someone else's), including home address, home or cell phone number, or personal e-mail address.
- We will remove comments that are clearly off-topic, that promote services or products, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
- Your comments are welcome at any time. We will moderate comments between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. We intend to moderate comments submitted at other times as soon as possible on the next business day.
- Communications made through Flickr’s e-mail and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to NARA or any official or employee of NARA for any purpose.
- The content of all comments are released into the public domain unless the commenter clearly states otherwise, so do not submit anything you do not wish to broadcast to the general public.
- We do not discriminate against any views, but reserve the right not to post or remove comments that do not adhere to these standards.
See our National Archives on Flickr: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information.
Reporters are asked to send questions to the NARA Public Affairs Office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporter questions will not be posted. NARA Public Affairs can be reached at 202-357-5300.
Information about NARA activities and other methods to communicate with NARA are also available on NARA's official web page, along with archival photos, videos and other documents.