News and Notices
Telephone System Changes for Research Services
New Toll-Free Number for Researchers: 1-866-272-6272
New phone system menu includes:
- Partial closure of Pepco lot next to College Park Building
At the National Archives at College Park, Pepco continues work to replace a transmission tower and associated lines. This phase of the project requires a partial closure of the Pepco satellite parking lot.
At this time, half of the parking spaces in the Pepco lot are coned off and unavailable for use. A ground safety crew is on-site to manage pedestrian traffic between the lot and our building. The work is expected to be completed by March 12. Once the overhead work is completed the lot will be fully opened for normal use.
The National Archives and Fold3.com (formerly Footnote) are working as partners to bring unprecedented access to selections of the vast holdings of the National Archives. Visit us and access these documents free of charge. Learn More
Search for microfilm online. Get a full description, download descriptive pamphlets and roll lists, and/or purchase rolls.
What's New for Researchers
New Research Pages Online
- New exhibits from the National Archives at Philadelphia
- Researcher News newsletter, Spring 2015 edition
- National Archives at Chicago - April 2015 E-News:
- The Dawn of the Atomic Age and Beyond: Photographs from Argonne National Laboratory
- The National Archives at Chicago Workshops for 2015
- National Archives at Chicago March 2015 Newsletter
The following series from the National Archives Building in Washington, DC has been digitized by Ancestry and is now available online:
RG 52, NM-48 51, Registers of Patients at Naval Hospitals, 1812 - 1929
(National Archives Identifier: 2745846)
- RG 52, NM-48 51, Registers of Patients at Naval Hospitals, 1812 - 1929
- National Archives at Chicago - February 2015 Newsletter
- Records Relating to D-Day
- Reference Reports related to Federal Employees
- List of Series in the Records of the United States Food Administration, Record Group 4, at the National Archives at Fort Worth
- Vessel and Station Log Books at the National Archives
- Research Guide to the Criminal Case Files of Fort Smith, Arkansas, 1866-1900
- Index to Forest Service Photos, from Series "Photographs Relating to National Forests, Resource Management Practices, Personnel, and Cultural and Economic History, ca. 1897-ca. 1980"
- Unsealed Materials from US v. Liddy
- Supreme Court of the United States - 2011 Term Audio Recordings of Oral Arguments/Opinions
- Preparing for release of 1940 Census on April 2, 2012
- US Presidents in Census Records
- New and Updated Foreign Policy and State Department pages
- Genealogy Reference Reports for Native American Research
- Genealogy Reference Reports for African American Research
- Genealogy Reference Reports for Military Research
- Marine Corps Command Chronologies for the Vietnam War
- List of NARA Microfilm Publications and Original Records Digitized by NARA's Digitization Partners
- NARAtions: Blog about access to the Records of the U.S. National Archives
Microfilm can now be searched and ordered online
- Federal military pension applications files for military service from the American Revolution up to before World War I.
- Individual pages of Federal population census schedules, 1790-1930.
- Land entry files (such as credit, cash, homestead, and mineral) or surrendered military bounty-land warrants files (Acts of 1788, 1812, 1847, 1850, and 1855).
- Bounty-land warrant application files for Federal military service before 1856.
- Ship passenger arrival records, 1820-1959.
- Eastern Cherokee application records, 1906-1909.
- Compiled military service records for regular forces up to before World War I.
Use the Access to Archival Databases (AAD) system to search some of NARA's electronic records holdings.
See other ways to Research NARA's records online