The National Archives Catalog
Search the online catalog and other National Archives resources at once for information about our records.
Please Note: The National Archives Catalog is experiencing intermittent outages that may affect all users. We are actively working to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.
We’re excited to announce that the National Archives Catalog now:
- handles the increasing number of digital images that we’re making accessible online in weekly updates
- uses a new search engine to improve searchability --– including improved relevancy rankings and response times
- allows users to transcribe our records directly in the catalog
- indexes tags and transcriptions daily -– maximizing access all around
More improvements include:
- updated user interface for search results
- optimized interface for mobile viewing
- improved tagging feature
We’re also launching a public API that will allow users to use, re-use, and contribute catalog data in ways that haven’t happened before!
Improvements in the Works
While we’re excited about these updates, it’s still a work in progress. We’re working on improving some known issues such as:
- In the Advanced Search screen, select the specific data source to generate the advanced search fields for that source. For example, select "Archival Descriptions" and/or "Archival Descriptions with Digital Objects," to generate the related advanced search fields.
We Want to Hear from You!
Let us know what you think – what you like and what you don't! Discover a glitch? Let us know!
Contact us at email@example.com for comments, suggestions, and problems you may experience while using the catalog.