National Records Management Training Program
Certificate of Federal Records Management Training
NARA offers a Certificate of Federal Records Management Training to individuals who successfully complete Knowledge Area classes 2-6 and pass exams associated with each class. Upon completion of the classes and exams, participants will receive a Certificate, signed by the Archivist. More importantly, recipients will have the information and skills necessary to perform their records management duties more efficiently and effectively.
The Knowledge Area classes are:
- Knowledge Area Two: Creating and Maintaining Agency Business Information
- Knowledge Area Three: Records Scheduling
- Knowledge Area Four: Records Schedule Implementation
- Knowledge Area Five: Asset and Risk Management
- Knowledge Area Six: Records Management Program Development
The goals of the NARA certificate program are to:
- Raise awareness and improve effectiveness of Federal records management;
- Increase the level of professionalism of those managing Federal records; and
- Give Federal records professionals a set of benchmarks to gauge their professional development
NARA's Certificate of Federal Records Management Training does not result in the CRM designation as established by the Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM). Please see the Certification FAQs for more information.
* Please see our Privacy Statement