- Enter your name, organizational unit, and telephone number.
- Include building and room number. If original material (e.g., motion picture preprint, master tapes, or still negatives) is not in the same place, where is it?
- Which unit created these records?
- Include the following in the description:
a. Format (4x5, 16 mm, and 1/2-inch) and
b. Subject matter covered in the series.
c. Purpose served by the series.
d. Finding aids such as data sheets, shot lists, continuities, review sheets, catalogs, indices, and caption lists. Location of such aids.
e. Related documentation. Do files exist elsewhere that include production contracts, scripts, or other documents concerning these records? Where?
- What is the date span of the series?
- What is the arrangement of the series (e.g., alphabetical by subject, chronological, or numerical)?
- What is the volume of the series? (See conversion table.)
- Are there restrictions on access to or release of items in the series? If so,' what statute, exemption to the FOIA, or regulation authorizes this restriction? Are any items copyrighted?
- How many cubic feet (or, if negligible, items) were added to this series last year?
- How many requests for copies does your unit handle in a month? Who requests the copies and why?
- What is the basis for cutting off a series so earlier parts can be retired without disturbing the remainder of the series? (End of calendar year, every 5 years, etc.)
- Have parts of the series been retired to agency storage areas or to a Federal records storage center? How often? If parts of the series have been retired to a Federal records storage center, attach copies of the SF 135's.
- Which item of your agency's records schedule applies to this series? If none applies, what happens to the records your unit no longer needs?
- How long does your unit intend to keep those items added to the series last year in order to respond to internal agency requests?
All of these equal
1 cubic foot:
- Negatives 2,300
- Prints 2,350
6 35mm reels (1,000
11 16mm reels (1,200
15 16mm reels (800
32 16mm reels (400
10 3/4-inch cassettes
3 2-inch reels
9 1-inch reels
43 1/2-inch reels
76 16-inch disc
144 12-inch disc
48 7-inch audiotape
16 10-inch audiotape