April 17, 2014
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: Additional Resources Posted: Capstone, A New Approach to Managing Email Records
The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is pleased to announce that additional resources related to Capstone, A New Approach to Managing Email Records, are now available.
Resources added to NARA’s email management page include:
- Managers’ Briefing: a short recording by Chief Records Officer, Paul Wester, focused on what managers need to know about Capstone.
- Legal Briefing: a short recording by Hannah Bergman, Assistant General Counsel, focused on what agency legal staff need to know about Capstone.
- Technical Functionality to Support Capstone: Planning Checklist: a checklist to assist agencies in determining if their existing or planned technology has the functionality to support a Capstone approach.
- A recording of NARA’s March 2014 presentation Capstone Email Management Implementation: Technical Perspective, which includes discussion on the more technical side of NARA’s Capstone approach implementation.
- Documents related to NARA’s implementation of Capstone: Sample Statement of Work; Sample Capstone Policy Guidance; Sample Agency Issued FAQ on Email Management; Sample User Guide for Managing Email; Sample Email Management Configuration; and Sample Quick Guide: Email Setup and Configuration.
PAUL M. WESTER, JR.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government