Specifications and Research
The information presented in this section is intended to assist conservators and other professionals engaged in preservation and conservation activities in performing highly specialized tasks.
Created by staff at the National Archives in conservation applications, this material is written for users with an existing knowledge of conservation, preservation and related subject matter.
- Solvent Solver
- Peel Test
- Materials Specifications
- NARA Directive 1571: Archival Storage Standards
- TIP 13: Using Technology to Safeguard Archival Holdings
- National Archives Preservation Guidelines for Vendors Handling Records and Historical Materials
- Duplication Specifications
- Digital Imaging and Optical Disk Storage
- Electronic Records Storage
- Technical Guidelines for Digitizing Archival Materials for Electronic Access
- National Archives Housing Specifications