Records Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Recovery
Records Emergency Toolkit
Plan on not having Internet access in case of an emergency. It is therefore recommended that, at your earliest convenience, you print out the basic information presented here and keep copies easily accessible offsite.
An up-to-date Records Emergency Response Plan for your facility includes:
- Notification procedures and contact information for reporting a potential threat, an existing threat or damage to records.
- Contact information for the records response team and the response team leader.
- Staff emergency contact information for each archival unit.
- Inventory and locations of emergency supplies and equipment.
- Details regarding special circumstances, such as classified records procedures and contacts for gaining access to secured areas.
Print out and retain a hard copy of these documents:
Obtain a copy of these resources:
- Heritage Preservation's Field Guide to Emergency Response
- Heritage Preservation's Emergency Response and Salvage Wheel
In case of a records emergency in the Washington, DC, area, call 202-606-1900 for the operating status of the Federal government as determined by OPM.