Quality Assurance and Quality Control for Hard Copy Aerial Photo Negative Products
- Roll film original aerial photo negatives are selected for duplication by high use counts as determined by three pulls from offsite storage
- Sheet film original aerial photo negatives are selected for duplication through long term preservation planning determinations
- Black and White Film
- B&W processing is conducted in-house.
- A step wedge is exposed and processed with each roll duplicated to confirm all frames on the roll should not have lost information at the extreme ends of the density range.
- ISO 18917 1999 compliance: Methylene blue testing to measure residual thiosulfate and its decomposition products is of use in appraising the adequacy of washing and therefore the permanence of the silver image on photographic films, plates and papers. Inadequate washing can cause a loss in image density and the formation of stain in low-density areas.