The National Archives at Philadelphia
The National Archives at Philadelphia is making a number of needed improvements over the next two years to the Archives facility in downtown Philadelphia. These improvements include enhancements in the way we store, preserve and protect our nation's most important records, as well as some upgrades to our public operations. Our efforts will result in:
- Enhanced security features in our public areas
- Secure storage for the archival records in a facility that meets professional standards for these type of records
- Some cosmetic upgrades to our public spaces
Through this renovation, we expect to continue to provide our patrons the quality service they've come to expect from us.
- We do not expect to make any changes to our service delivery standards and turnaround times.
- We will also continue to participate actively in Mid Atlantic cultural, history and education sectors, as well as lead Philadelphia's National History Day program.
- Although some renovations are extensive, we anticipate minimal or no downtime.
- However, as we currently do, we recommend that users of our textual records contact us ahead of visiting at email@example.com or 215.606.0100 to ensure we can service them best.
If you have any questions or incur any challenges during this period, please do not hesitate to contact our regional leadership below.