- Read our new E-Newsletter
You can sign up for our monthly e-newsletter by sending us an e-mail with the subject line of "E Newsletter Subscribe" email@example.com
- National Archives has gone cashless! We accept only credit or debit cards, personal or travelers or cashier checks for payment of reproductions. We encourage researchers to bring digital cameras or personal scanners to make free copies of records. Please remember that all electronic devices must be inspected and approved by a NARA staff member prior to use.
- Schedule Announcement for Relocation of Public Services in Philadelphia.
Researching Slavery and
Discover actions by ordinary and extraordinary people along the long road to freedom at the National Archives at Philadelphia.
- Archives Alchemy
- Allegheny Arsenal Explosion and the Creation of Public Memory
- The Red Star Line: Changing America's Face and Place in the World
- Finding Franklin: Uncovering the Legacy of a Founding Father in the Records of the National Archives at Philadelphia
- The Deadly Virus: The Influenza Epidemic of 1918, featuring holdings from the National Archives at Philadelphia.
Affiliated Archives in the Mid Atlantic
- Pennsylvania State Archives, Bureau of Archives and History
- United States Naval Academy
- HABS / HAER holdings at the Library of Congress
- Learn more about NARA's
The National Archives at Philadelphia maintains the historically significant records of the Federal Agencies and Courts, in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia, dating from 1789 to the present. These historical records are open to the public.
Come visit us at Townsend Road to use our brand new Public PC and Reference Room, ready for your research needs.
Researchers wishing to use original records (that is, paper and photographs that have not been digitized or are not available online) are still strongly encouraged to make an appointment at this time.
Please call 215-305-2044 or email us at Philadelphia.firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a Research Room appointment, as space is limited.
14700 Townsend Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154-1096
Monday through Friday, 8:30 – 3:30
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays.