Partners & Programs
The National Historical Records and Publications Program (NHPRC) is part of a national archives network pledged to preserve our documentary heritage.
Through our partnerships with affiliated organizations, the NHPRC funds projects, builds the archival and documentary editing professions, conducts research, and helps shape public policy.
- Association for Documentary Editing
The Association for Documentary Editing (ADE) is a professional organization of documentary editors committed to making the papers of important individuals and groups accessible to all audiences through print, microfilm, and electronic editions.
- American Association for State and Local History
The American Association for State and Local History (AASLH) provides leadership and support for its members, including state and local historical societies, who preserve and interpret state and local history in order to make the past more meaningful to all Americans.
- American Historical Association
The American Historical Association (AHA) is a nonprofit membership organization founded in 1884 and incorporated by Congress in 1889 for the promotion of historical studies, the collection and preservation of historical documents and artifacts, and the dissemination of historical research.
- Council of State Archivists
The Council of State Archivists (CoSA) works to ensure that our nation's historical records are valued, preserved, and widely used. The Council has representatives from each of the states, territories, and the District of Columbia.
- National Association of Government Archives and Records Administrators
The National Association of Government Archives and Records Administrators (NAGARA) is an association dedicated to the improvement of federal, state, and local government records and information management.
- National Coalition for History
A non-profit education organization of historians which seeks to provide leadership in history-related advocacy, serves as the profession's national voice in the promotion of history, and acts as a clearinghouse of news and information of interest to history-related professionals.
- Organization of American Historians
The Organization of American Historians (OAH) is the largest learned society devoted to the study of American history. It promotes excellence in the scholarship, teaching, and presentation of American history, and encourages wide discussion of historical questions and equitable treatment of all practitioners of history.
- Society of American Archivists
The Society of American Archivists' (SAA) mission is to serve the educational and informational needs of more than 4,000 individual and institutional members and to provide leadership to ensure the identification, preservation, and use of records of historical value.
- State Historical Records Coordinators
State Historical Records Coordinators (SHRC) are the full-time professional officials in charge of state archival programs or agencies. Appointed to a minimum four-year term by the state's governor, the SHRC serves as the chair of the State Historical Records Advisory Board (SHRAB), unless otherwise specified in state statute, and is the central coordinating officer for the historical records grant program in the state.
- State Historical Records Advisory Boards
A State Historical Records Advisory Board (SHRAB) is appointed in each state and consists of at least seven members, including the State Historical Records Coordinator. The SHRAB should be as broadly representative as possible of the public and private archives, records offices, and research institutions and organizations in the state. Members are appointed for three years with the possibility of renewal. Some SHRABs have web sites which offer additional information about their activities. Learn More
- State Archives & Historical Societies The Ohio Historical Society has put together a list of state archives and state historical societies (in some instances, both organizations are not separate agencies).
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- National Archives and Records Administration
- National Science Foundation
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- U.S. Department of Education
- American Association of Museums
- American Association of University Presses
- American Library Association also ALA Archives
- Association for Information and Image Management
- Association of Records Managers and Administrators
- National Forum on Archival Continuing Education (NFACE)