National Archives News
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on Monday, October 12 for Columbus Day. Museums in Washington, DC, and at the Presidential libraries will be open.
View all Federal Holidays and the operating status of our facilities.
- Our Virtual Genealogy Fair is October 21–22. Join us for the live webcast.
- Constitution Day at the National Archives.
- The National Archives welcomes its millionth visitor in FY 2015.
- Additional Rosenberg grand jury transcripts were opened on July 15.
- Kurt Graham is the new Director of the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum.
- Remembering Allen Weinstein, Ninth Archivist of the United States
- Statement on NARA’s Records Management Activities Relating to the State Department.
- James E. Springs is the new Inspector General of the National Archives and Records Administration.
- "Spirited Republic," an exhibit on alcohol in American history, is open in Washington, DC.
- New exhibit on JFK now open in Tokyo.
- The National Archives celebrates 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta.
- The NHPRC announces $2.2 Million in grants for historical records projects.