National Archives News
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on September 7 for the Labor Day holiday.
- Research Rooms will be closed on September 16:
All Research Rooms in every archival facility across the NARA network will be closed on Wednesday, September 16. The Presidential Libraries and Federal Records Centers will be open as usual. Regular services will resume on Thursday, September 17.
- The Innovation Hub will be closed for scanning on: Friday, September 4, Monday, September 7, and Wednesday, September 16. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The National Archives Museum in Washington, DC, will open at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 17, due to a special event.
- The National Archives welcomes its millionth visitor in FY 2015.
- Additional Rosenberg grand jury transcripts were opened on July 15.
- Kurt Graham is the new Director of the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum.
- Remembering Allen Weinstein, Ninth Archivist of the United States
- Statement on NARA’s Records Management Activities Relating to the State Department.
- The Nixon Library released nearly 4,000 pages of reviewed documents on May 20.
- James E. Springs is the new Inspector General of the National Archives and Records Administration.
- "Spirited Republic," an exhibit on alcohol in American history, is open in Washington, DC.
- Joseph Ellis launches his new book, The Quartet, on May 15 at the National Archives.
- New exhibit on JFK now open in Tokyo.
- The National Archives celebrates 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta.
- The NHPRC announces $2.2 Million in grants for historical records projects.
Top of Page