Exhibitions and Educational Outreach Internships
Other Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
The National Archives at Kansas City uses museum exhibitions and interactive workshops to help visitors of all ages explore American History. The National Archives at Kansas City is hosting the State of Deception: The Power of Nazi Propaganda exhibit June 24 – October 25, 2014. This is a traveling exhibition produced by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and presented by the Midwest Center for Holocaust Education.
We are now accepting intern applications for part (at least 6 weeks) or all of this time period. Training by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum the week of June 16 will start the internship.
Would you like experience:
- teaching students and adults in a museum?
- creating activities based on primary sources?
- using social media to share historical documents?
- helping visitors understand our nationís past?
The National Archives at Kansas City interns help visitors of all ages become excited about history and engage them in document-based activities. The internship duties are varied and include:
- assisting with primary source related workshops for students
- leading visitors in hands-on museum activities
- helping develop family programming
- conducting research to identify documents for educational materials and programs
- working with DocsTeach, the National Archivesí lesson-plan building website
- supporting teacher workshop activities
- writing blog posts
- leading tours for special groups
Students majoring in history, education, political science, American studies, public history, museum studies, or a related field are a good match for this internship. Interns must enjoy working with people, understand historical methods, have excellent interpersonal skills, have strong writing skills, and be able to work in teams and independently.
How to Apply
Please submit the following:
Where to Send Applications
Materials should be submitted to:
400 West Pershing Road
Kansas City, MO 64108
Fall and Spring: rolling deadline
Summer: applications received by May 15 are guaranteed consideration; applications received after that date are accepted if space is available
If you have questions regarding this internship opportunity, please email:
email@example.com or call 816-268-8013.