Purpose of Course:
To learn how to enter and transfer records schedules in the ERA environment.
This class is designed for those users who transfer records schedules in the ERA environment - People fulfilling ERA roles of Transfer Approving Official, Transferring Official - NARA, Transferring Official - Agency, Agency Approving Official, Transfer Staff, Records Processer, NARA Receiving Manager, NARA Accessioning Manager, and Electronic Transfer Staff.
*View ERA eLearning Intended Audience and Role Definitions for Federal Agencies for further Role clarification.
Method of Instruction:
Six Lessons composed of Overviews, Demonstrations, and Guided Practices appropriate.
- Overview: gain knowledge about various ERA functions and basic navigation.
- Demonstration: watch as a user enters information and performs specific records transfer tasks.
- Guided Practice: ERA operation is simulated as the learner enters data for records transfer tasks without being prompted by the e-Learning.
- Learn how to create a blank Records Transfer Request
- Submit a Transfer Request to NARA
- Prepare Files for Transfer Using the Packaging Tool (Agency)
- Finalizing the creation of a Package (Agency)
- Transferring electronic files into ERA via HTTPS
- Learn how to transfer a shipment
- Navigating in ERA - ERA navigation tips, functions, and features.
- Searching in ERA - Tips for using Basic Search, Advanced Search, and wildcards to broaden search results, and using filters to narrow search results.
- Scheduling Records eLearning Class