National History Day Workshops
- Webinar with the National History Day organization, September 9, 2014, 6 p.m. EST: Exploring the Leadership and Legacy Theme and Identifying Resources—Register here.
- Save the Date! Webinar with National History Day, October 7, 2014, 6 p.m. EST: Using Primary and Secondary Sources Effectively
- Save the Date! Google Hangout with National History Day, December 2, 2014, 6 p.m. EST: Category Exploration
- Recorded webinar: View Teaching Tools for National History Day featuring the National History Day organization, the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library, and the National Archives at Philadelphia from November 2013, on YouTube.
- Teacher and student workshops and research assistance on certain Saturdays in the Boeing Learning Center at the National Archives Museum. For dates, check the: DC National History Day Page
- Students, families, and teachers can visit the Boeing Learning Center at the National Archives Museum to explore primary sources for NHD projects Monday–Saturday, 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Reservations not required; but advance notice is helpful. Contact Us
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum (West Branch, IA)
- Getting Started on Research—November 7, 2014, 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Join the staff at the Herbert Hoover to learn about getting started on research. Topics will include internet research, primary and secondary sources, process papers, researching, bibliographies, and more! Contact Us
- Open Research and Workshops—December 12, 2014, 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Join the staff at the Herbert Hoover to work through your specific questions about your category, research, process paper, thesis, and judging. Contact Us
- Distance Learning—Call (319) 643-6031 to schedule a distance-learning NHD workshop.
- NHD Outreach—Call (319) 643-6031 to schedule Hoover staff to come and workshop with your students at your school. Travel is limited to driving distance and schedule.
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum (Independence, MO)
- Workshop for students and teachers—October 18, 2014, 9 a.m.–12:30 p.m. National winners, contest coordinators and area teachers will share best practices for NHD. "Leadership and Legacy" theme materials will be available. New rule books will also be on hand. Register
- Classroom presentations made by appointment. Contact Us
- NHD Regional Contest is February 28, 2015 at the Truman Library