Facilities Internship Opportunities
Facilities Office Intern
A volunteer intern is needed in the Facilities Office, located in College Park, MD The intern will assist in the documentation of energy savings projects underway at the Archives II facility in College Park MD. Days and hours are flexible dependent upon the student’s schedule.
The intern will assist in compiling and reviewing data on the systematic shutoff HVAC equipment, the goal of which is to realize energy savings while still ensuring that the Archives holdings facilities comply with NARA 1572, Archival Storage Standards. Specific duties shall include:
- Coordinate with the various parties involved with energy savings projects.
- Assist in the compiling of energy savings and timeline data concerning the energy savings project.
- Create graphics that show effect of energy usage over time.
- Create an article outline that incorporates the visual presentation of the data compiled.
- Conduct similar work, as time allows, to help acquire and create visual evidence and explanations for energy savings work at the Monroe, Georgia Southeast Regional Archives.
Ideally, candidates should have experience with or knowledge of engineering principles, rudimentary knowledge of HVAC systems components, technical writing and presentation of scientific and engineering data, informational analysis, and creation of graphics compatible with social media.
Requirements: U.S. Citizenship
Submit cover letter, resume and proof of school enrollment to:
James Garvin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
National Archives and Records Administration
College Park, MD 20740