Records of the Essex England Records Office
Tuesday August 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM
Please join the National Archives on Tuesday August 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM as Neil Wiffen and Allyson Lewis of the Essex, England Records Office as the present "The Records of the Essex, England records Office."
Essex is a county in eastern England to the Northeast of London and the county records office has recently digitized a large portion of their collection. Join head Archivist Allyson Lewis and Public Service Team Manager Neil Wiffens as they show how you can begin your research into the rich history which can be found in their collections and how you can access it. The event is free and open to the public but reservations are requested. If you would like to attend, please call our reference desk toll free at 1-866-406-2379 or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Genealogy Fair
Please join the National Archives for the 2015 Virtual Genealogy Fair on October 21 & 22. This will be a live broadcast via YouTube so you can ask our genealogy experts questions at the end of their talks. See the Schedule and Details
The National Archives at Boston offers free programs for the public. They cover genealogy, education, and history.
- Attend the monthly genealogy workshops
- By request, we offer programs onsite for genealogy and historical groups on the following topics:
- Introduction to the National Archives
- Starting your genealogy research: census, passenger lists, and naturalizations records
- What's online; what's not online?
- Researching military records of the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries
- Attend the free twice monthly professional development workshops for teachers K-College.
- By request, we offer programs for in-service professional development on the following topics:
- The Golden Door: Teaching About Immigration/Migration
- 1775: Prequel to Independence
- Teach the Constitution: It's the Law!
- Meet the National Archives: Teaching with Documents