Volunteer Opportunities at the National Archives at Anchorage, Alaska
If you are fascinated by history, enjoy working with the public, and want a challenging, meaningful volunteer position, you too can be an Archives Volunteer! Enthusiasm, flexibility, and an interest in sharing an appreciation for our American heritage are equally important.
Types of ProjectsVolunteer projects include:
- Helping genealogy researchers in the Research Room
- Researching written reference inquiries
- Indexing court case files
- Indexing or cataloging historical records
- Processing, re-foldering and re-boxing thousands of records from the textual collection, including important documents from Federal agencies in Alaska.
Fill out and mail in the Volunteer Application Form
To find out more, call, e-mail, or write us:
National Archives and Records Administration
Pacific Alaska Region (Anchorage)
654 West Third Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501-2145